Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

unit 4

Dialogue
Here is a Conversation between Swami and his
Grandmother
Granny, where
are you? It’s
me.
Hey, what’s it my
son? Give it to
me.
I caught the burglar.
It’s in the news
paper.
Oh! Is it? It’s
very nice my
son
2.
A reporter from a
interview Swami
the likely
the reporter.
Reporter :
Swami :
Indiavision
Reporter :
Swami
Oh, granny I’m
a hero now,
aren’t I?
Of course, you’re
a brave boy.
You’ve done a
great thing.
after
The Head
master also said
this.
Hello
You go and meet your
father. He’s very
happy. He wants to
see you.
Yes, it’s really an adventurous activity from a
small boy like you. Can you
tell me more
about the burglar incident.
OK
granny.
Oh!
office room. Suddenly I
Reporter : How did you manage to
Swami It’s very simple. I can do greater things.
Reporter : OK, all the best.
Swami Thank you.
:
Can we go through the two dialogues?
1. How do the dialogues begin?
Swami, congratulations.
Thank you, you are from
channel, aren’t you?
:
:
news channel gets a chance to
the burglar incident. Can we read
conversation between Swami and
I was sleeping alone in my father’s
heard a noise. It was the burglar.
catch him?
2.
1.
2. Are there any contracted forms in the dialogues?
It’s in the news paper.
It’s me. (It is).
I’m a hero (I am). You’ve done a great thing (You have)
He’s (He is) It’s (It was)
Can you give other examples for contracted forms?
Eg: Can’t (cannot) , don’t (do not), I’ve (I have), won’t (will not),
we’ll (we will) ................
3. Can you pick out tag questions from the dialogues?
I am a hero now, aren’t I ?
You are from Indiavision channel, aren’t you?
Do you want more examples?
She is not a singer, is she?
He went to the hospital, didn’t he?
Ramu knows German, doesn’t he?
Shyama is a teacher, isn’t she?
Let’s go to the park, shall we?
4.
Have you noticed the expressions like ‘hey’, ‘oh’, ‘hello’, in the dialogues?
Here is some more expressions like that ...............................
See, Look, Hai, Ho, Wow, Sh... look! etc.
5.
What is the idea expressed in the dialogues?
1. .................................. 2. .................................
6.
How are the dialogues concluded?
1. ................................... 2. .................................
Can you conclude it in another way?
.....................................................
.....................................................
Read the following dialogue between the Police Inspector and Swami.
Police Inspector : Hai Swami, congratulations.
Swami : Thank you sir.
Police Inspector : What a brave boy you’re . You cought that notorious burglar.
Swami : I really wanted to catch him one day.
Police Inspector : How was it possible for a school boy like you?
Swami : I’m a courageous boy, aren’t I ?
Police Inspector : Absolutely, are you ready to join the police ?
Swami : Of course, I can do more to the society.
Police Inspector : Yes, You’ll be an asset to the department.
Swami : Thank you sir, you can expect more from me.
Shall we write a dialogue?
Q: Swami meets one of his friends after the burglar incident. Can you prepare the likely dialogue
between them.
Conversation
.......................................................................................
.......................................................................................
.......................................................................................
Self Evaluation :
Beginning of my dialogue is good. Yes No
The message is properly conveyed Yes No
I used enough expressions Yes No
I used question tags Yes No
I used contracted forms Yes No
Conclusion of my dialogue is good Yes No
Diary
Oh! It’s my
news
Swami is happy to watch his news on the TV.
He expresses his feelings in his diary.
I
Monday
July 20, 2010
What a wonderful experience it is. I never thought of such a chance in my life. I
can’t believe this. Everywhere I am the hero. In the school assembly our HM
congratulated me for my bravery. The police is very thankful to me for catching that
notorious burglar. All my friends look at me with admiration. But it’s quite funny. God
knows my real condition. I was desperate to save my life from the devil. And it was a
horrible night. God I can’t spend one more night like that.
Read the diary written by Swami’s mother on the day Swami slept alone in his father’s office
room.
II
Monday
July 19, 2010
Oh god! what will be my son’s condition? I’m sure he’ll be trembling with fear.
Oh, in that darkness, all alone in that dusty office room. I can’t think of it. Till evening it
was like any other day. But that cursed newspaper caused everything. Why is my husband
so strong? My son.... he is a small boy. He is asked to prove his courage. He never slept
alone. He always slept beside his granny. God, I’m afraid.... poor boy.
Diary is a personal record
to express intense
personal feelings,
experiences in the past or
future plans.
Haven’t you read the dairies?
How do the diaries begin?
1. ............................................
2 ............................................
Where is the date and day located in the diaries?
1. ...........................................
2 ..............................................
Does it express the feelings of the writer?
1. ...........................................
2 ..............................................
Is First Person narrative used in the diaries?
1. Yes/No
2 . Yes/No
Is there any important event projected in the diaries?
1. Yes/ No
2. Yes/No
How do the diaries end?
1. ...........................................
2 ..........................................
Now, can we write a new diary?
Q: Swami’s father is surprised to see his son’s bravery. What would be Swami’s father’s diary
entry on the day Swami became a hero.
Before writing the diary, we can list down the features of a diary.
Remember
1. Date and Day.
2. First Person Narrative.
3. Highlighting the major events.
4. Expression of feelings
5. Conclusion.
Diary
...............................................................
...............................................................
...............................................................
...............................................................
Self Evaluation:-
I have used proper beginning (Date and Day) : Yes/No
I have used first person narrative : Yes/No
I could express the feelings of the writer : Yes/No
I have highlighted the major events of the day : Yes/No
I have concluded the diary properly : Yes/No

No comments:

Post a Comment