Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

sslc module

UNIT I
THE CHERRY TREE
NOTICE
Module I
We know Rakesh is a true lover of nature. Now he is a youngman of 20
years and receives the ‘Vrikshamithra’ award. As he is a former student of your
school, the Eco club of the school has decided to honour him. Below given are
different notices prepared by the club members.
I
NOTICE
Honouring Nature’s True Friend
Dear friends,
We have decided to conduct a meeting to honour Rakesh, the
Vrikshamithra winner, on 5th June, 2010 at 10am in the school
auditorium. The Headmaster will preside over the function. Our
panchayat President will inagurate the function.
All are welcome.
Kozhikode, Convenor,
01.06.2010 Ecoclub
II
It has been decided to conduct a meeting to honour Rakesh,
the ‘Vrikshamithra’ winner on 05.06.2010 at 10am in the school audi-
torium. The details are given below.
Presidential Address : Headmaster
Inauguration : President, Grama Panchayat
All are welcome.
Kozhikode, Convenor,
01.06.2010 Ecoclub
III
NOTICE
Congratulating Rakesh
Dear friends,
We have decided to conduct a meeting to congratulate Rakesh.
Our Headmaster will preside over the function and
President,
GramaPanchayat will inaugurate it.
All are welcome.
Kozhikode, Convenor,
01.06.2010 Ecoclub
IV
NOTICE
Rakesh Wins Vrikshamithra
We have decided to conduct a meeting to congratulate Rakesh, a
former studnet of our school for winning the Vrikshamithra award.
The function will be on June 5th 2010 at 10am in our school
auditorium. The Grama Panchayat President will inaugurate the
function. Presidential address: The Headmaster.
Have you gone through these notices ? Now we can complete a table with all the
important features of a notice.
Notices I
The title
II
III
IV
ü
Time, date, venue
Details of the programme
ü
Brevity of Language and Layout x
Conclusion (Place, Date, the x
Authority of the Notice
Have you completed the table ? According to you, which is the best notice ?
Module II
Given below are two notices. Compare these and complete the missing
parts.
..............................................
I
.............................................................................
We have decided to organise a seminar on conservation of
water. It will be inagurated by our Headmaster.
Date : 21st July 2010
Time : 4pm
Venue :
School Auditorium
....................................... .......................................
....................................... .......................................
II
NOTICE
My Tree Programme
We have decided to conduct the inaugural function of
.................... in our school on ............... at .................. in the
..................... The details are given below.
Welcome Speech
: .....................................
Presidential Address : .....................................
Inauguration
: .....................................
Kozhikode, Headmaster,
01.06.2010 Govt. HS Beypore
We have completed the notices Now try to prepare a notice of your
own.
Imagine that you are the convenor of the Health club of your
school. Prepare a notice for a seminar as part of the Anti-Tobacco
Day.
Don’t forget to use the main features of the notice
Self Evaluation
1. An apt title Yes No
2. Time Yes No
Date Yes No
Venue Yes No
3. Issuing Authority Yes No
4. Conclusion Yes No
5. Message Suitable Good Needs improvement
6. Layout Suitable Good Needs improvement
Possible Notices from other units:-
1.
Imagine that you invite Jacopo and Nicola to your school for
congratulating them for their noble deeds. Prepare the notice for the function.
2.
July 27th is Helen Keller Day. Prepare a notice for a seminar on physically
handicapped.
3.
Prepare a notice for a function to congratulate Swami for his bravery.
DIARY
Module
I was a small cherry seed. A small boy Rakesh planted me in a shady corner of his
garden. I grew into a small cherry tree. He watered me everyday and
protected me with pebbles. Rakesh and his Grandfather loved me very much.
One day a goat ate all my leaves. Rakesh was very upset and Grandfather
consoled him . A few days later a grass cutting woman cut me into two.
Grandfather and Rakesh concluded that I would die soon. This disappointed
them. They loved me that much.
See Rakesh’s condition.
At that night he writes a diary. Can we read the diary ?
Diary
3rd November 2010
Wednesday
What a sad day it was. I don’t think my cherry tree will grow up again.
A grass cutting woman entered the garden and killed my tree. How cruel she was
when she cut it into two. I hate her. Grandpa scolded her but the damage can not
be repaired by this. He too was very sad. He couldn’t even console me. We think
it will die soon. Oh! it was my best friend. I can’t think of my garden without it.
God, please save my tree.
Have you watched the Fifa World Cup 2010 ? You must have seen the
Argentinian Coach Diego Maradona’s miserable condition when his team was
routed by the Germans. Imagine that he writes a diary that might. It would be like
this-
Diary
3rd July 2010
Saturday
A horrible day, really a horrible day. It remains a nightmare to me. Ger-
mans shattered my dream of Argentina holding the World Cup. Even a world
class player like Messi couldn’t win the match for us. I don’t know where my
strategies went wrong. I can’t believe this defeat. My team with so many talented
players really deserved a victory. Now a question looms large before me - whether
I should continue or not. Anyway I can’t sleep.
1. Where is the date and day located in the diaries ?
Ist Diary: .......................................
2nd Diary:.....................................
2. How does the given diary start ?
Ist Diary: .......................................
2nd Diary:.....................................
3. Is there any important event projected in the given diaries ? Y / N
4. Is first person narrative used ? Y / N
5. Does it express the feelings of the writer ? Y / N
6. How does the diaries end ?
Ist Diary: .......................................
2nd Diary:.....................................
Now, let’s write a new diary.
Q:
Rakesh is very happy when he finds the first flower on his the tree. He
expresses his feelings in his diary. What would be the diary entry ?
Before writing the diary, we can list down the features of a diary.
Features of a diary
1. Date and day
2. First Person Narrative.
3. Highlighting the major events.
4. Expression of feelings.
5. Conclusion.
Self Evaluation :-
1. I have used proper beginning, date, and day Yes/No
2. I have used first person narrative Yes/No
3. I could express the feelings of the writer Yes/No
4. I have highlighted the major events of the day Yes/No
5. I have concluded the diary properly Yes/No
Possible diaries from other units :-
1. What would be the likely diary entry of A.J.Cronin after his visit in the
  hospital.
2. Imagine that you are Helen Keller and prepare Helen’s diary on the third
    day of her imagined eyesight.
3. Write Swami’s mother’s diary on the night Swami slept alone in his
      office room.

No comments:

Post a Comment